From 5-11 February 2018 the Circular Economy Club launches the #CircularEconomy Mapping Week. What is it? Volunteer organisers in all parts of the world will set up group sessions to map circular initiatives in their cities.
Why? One of the challenges in implementing the circular economy framework is the need for more practical examples, to better understand what is working and what is not. The Mapping Week exists to gather as many examples as possible in an open online directory.
If you would like to participate in a global week and help create an online directory of circular initiatives worldwide or if you are a changemaker who wishes to host a session in order to build a local community of circular economy professionals and help advance the circular framework, click here.
From Monday 15 January to Friday 19 January 2018, the Week of the Circular Economy takes place for the third time. During this week, entrepreneurs are encouraged to work with the circular economy.
Koplopers organize dozens of meetings throughout the Netherlands to inspire and inform entrepreneurs and, in particular, provide concrete tools to apply circular principles in their own business.
Are you a leader in the Circular Economy and would like to be part of the Circular Economy Week? Then become Circular Partner of the Circular Economy Week by organizing an event or activity, or by generating publicity for the Week inside and outside your organization!
Join and …
- profile your organisation as a precursor in a new economy with key players in the associated network;
- show your circular products or services to an audience of entrepreneurs (B2B);
- join the media campaign to reach an audience;
- get the chance to connect you to the independent fire of the Nederland Circulair!
- use the infrastructure and facilities that Nederland Circulair! is organising.
Events during the Week of the Circular Economy …
- range from breakfast sessions to large scale conferences;
- may be small and profound, but also large and exploratory;
- focus primarily on entrepreneurs (B2B);
- informing, inspiring and activating by sharing theory and best practices;
- contain as much interaction as possible and practical elements in which the participants themselves get started;
- are organised by proven leaders in the circular economy;
- give follow-up to the participants.
For more information or contact details have a look in the brochure.
Link to original article
The second Circular Procurement Congress will be held on 18 & 19 October 2017 in Tallinn, Estonia. The Congress will provide a unique opportunity to explore the latest developments and thinking on circular procurement and on mainstreaming circular procurement. It is co-organised by the Estonian Presidency of the EU, the European Commission (Directorate-General for the Environment), Rijkswaterstaat from the Netherlands and ICLEI – Local Government for Sustainability.
In April 2016 the first international congress on circular procurement was held in Amsterdam. 120 experts attended from over 20 countries in Europe and around the world. The purpose of the 2016 congress was to raise awareness for the concept of circular procurement, highlight good practices and to share experiences on how circular procurement could be mainstreamed.
Participants can expect to take home from the Congress:
- A deeper knowledge on and new impetus for the implementation of circular procurement;
- First-hand knowledge of best practices, latest research and tools;
- An opportunity to discuss the role of circular procurement in innovation and meeting policy goals with peers from other countries;
- A chance to network with leading players on circular procurement.
Link to schedule and for further information please check out the official website.
Following the Summit, the Foundation’s Education team have put together an iTunes U collection containing all of the highlights from this year’s event. Relive the day and watch key speakers including: Leyla Acaroglu, Tim Brown, Nikki Silvestri and Chris Kutarna explore their vision for an economy that works in the long term.
Link to iTunes U
Link to original article
WCEF17 just passed and there is already the next great CE event around the corner.
This Thursday, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation Summit 2017 will bring together world leading thinkers, innovators, pioneers and guests from across the Foundation’s network, to explore the idea of a circular economy. Alread in its 5th edition, live from the Roundhouse in London, the flagship event will explore one of today’s crucial unknowns – the future of economic growth and prosperity.
Just as for WCEF17 also AMAF17 provides a live stream. A View from the Summit will broadcast all summit sessions, guest interviews, live reactions on the talks, and deeper dives into the topics covered during the day.
Join live from 11:00 BST on Thursday 15th June!
Link to event website for schedule and tunning in.